Sunday 11 October 2009

Alright in the End

Mill Hill have one of the best Rugby teams in the country. So playing against them is usually an occasion of a humiliating loss. However, the eventual outcome of our match was far removed from what many of us origanally thought it would be.
Yes, we lost - Mill Hill haven't been defeated in three years - but we really gave it our all. The score was 7-7 at half time and it was some of the best Rugby that I have ever been a part of. Their coach commented that we had the strongest pack of forwards they had faced all year, which is such a complement.
I finally learnt what it feels like to find that 5th gear within me again. I haven't experienced the feeling since I used to run competitively. It's great just being able to become completely absorbed in a game of Rugby. For 80 minutes nothing else matters. We lost 26-7 in the end. A game that our team last year lost 65-3. None of us were disappointed and were proud of how we competed against a team that, on paper, are vastly superior. We learnt as a team that we are much better than we think we are.

If anyone is reading this then I urge you to listen to Laura Marling. I only just discovered her music this evening but she is one of the best songwriters I have heard in ages. I found a new favourite artist. She's only 19 as well - makes her amazingness seem surreal.
She's quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djChY6Ol9ig

I learnt how to play 'Fans' by Kings of Leon. I learnt how to approach a HAT (history apptitude test) for my Oxford application.

I haven't written on here for various reasons over the past few days. I've had a fun weekend although it's had it's ups and downs. I've seen people I want to see, people who don't want to see me and I've done a few things that were rather daft in hindsight (I'll save my blushes) but for some reason when it ends with a chilled chat with a couple of good mates everything seems to be alright in the end.

'Three Little Birds' on Spotify repeat also helps.



"You have to put the past behind you in order to move forward"

I woke up thinking that this morning. I'm going to live by it for the next few weeks. I learnt a new motto. Yay for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment