Sunday 18 October 2009

Real People

16th October

"It's like we're becoming real people"

I thought that was a really insightful comment. He just came out with it and when we turned the notion into a coherent point it seemed a rather clever phrase.
As a lot of us are starting to turn 18, drive and mature it becomes evident that we are slowly being made suitable for our release into society just like 'real people'. It was an off the cuff comment made by a friend of mine but it seemed to really stick out and make sense. We've entered this 'limbo' transition period where the decisions we make and ideas we have will deeply effect the 'real people' we will eventually become. Hmmm.
This miniscule portion of my weekend stuck out and I learnt that I am also becoming one of these 'real people'.

I also learnt a little about the politics behind the Treaty of Versailles after reading a chunk of Peacemakes by Margaret Macmillan.

No comments:

Post a Comment