Monday 19 October 2009

Circle of Surreality

17th October

Sometimes you'll meet somebody and just click. It's quite a surreal thing to happen (especially when you're both sober) because you get on with somebody as if you have known them for ages when in fact you've essentially just met. So obviously that was one of the highlights of my Saturday.
I learnt that all the stuff I've mentioned about having 'faith in people' is redundant. I think I would alter my view on that and just say that you should take people as they come because clearly my mind is being changed frequently.
I also bumped into an ex-step cousin of mine who I hadn't seen in about twelve years. Again, it was another completely surreal experience. What do you talk about? I mentioned how I'd spoken to his Mum on the phone recently. He was quite drunk and probably heard,
"I...phone...your Mum", judging by his bemused and slightly aggressive reaction -
"YOU WHAT?"
- "Your... Mum...calls...we...talk". It was a teensy bit awkward until I explained to him what I was ACTUALLY saying. So I suppose I learnt a little about what happened to that elusive ex-step cousin of mine from ages ago.
To complete this circle of surreality we were in Bethnal Green, which was a decent 40-50 minutes on the tube. Why we decided to go there I will never know as none of us knew how to get to the party from the tube station and there was things to do that were only a bus journey away, however, I'm rather glad we did go in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment