Thursday 29 October 2009

Marmite


27th October

For the first time in ages I found myself further researching something on the Geography syllabus. Geography is the marmite of subjects - you either love it or hate it. Or you get put off by it's icky-brown-stickiness. I love Marmite for the record. It's peng. I now can't stand it (geography...still loving Marmite) and find the lessons drag on further than anything man has ever known. Ever. Eating Marmite is quick and painless.
With that said I managed to find out something interesting whilst doing some of the work and snacking some bread with Marmite.
It seems that China may actually help African countries out of their debt. The amount of growth throughout Africa has never been so high and that has directly coincided with China's investment in the continent. The Chinese committie at the China-Africa conference were heard muttering "we should provide the Africans with Marmite as, although a risk, the majority will love it".
I find the whole 'shift of power' section of the syllabus quite interesting. I used to never further investigate a piece of information that interested me but that's changed (for example Marmite was first produced in 1902). On the other hand in the hour I was reading up on the topic I could have actually been doing the work...or spreading Marmite on a warm toasty. Marmite.

No comments:

Post a Comment