Sunday 23 August 2009

A First Sign of Insanity

Another lazy start to the day. I'm going to make sure that this doesn't signal a return to a bad habit...
I went to Denmark Street and bought my first guitar! I'm so unbelievably happy with it and played it for a good few hours. I also tried writing my first little song. It's a poor attempt but I suppose you've got to start somewhere. It sounds like a song written by somebody who’s had two lessons. No surprises there then. Currently I'm also trying to learn how to play Hey Joe and Sweet Home Alabama but struggling with both. I'll keep trying and eventually I'll nail them.

Spurs played West Ham today and we won 2-1 which puts us top of the League with the best start to a season since we won the league in 1961. I'll enjoy it why it lasts! No seriously I really am going to enjoy it even if we're 3 games in.

Any free time I had after that was either spent practising card tricks ('cos I'm cool, and what?) and playing on my new guitar. I want to name the guitar something but cannot think of a decent name. I suppose it has to be a girl’s name because it’s this deep red colour and that would suit it better. On the other hand I'm probably getting slightly carried away as naming an inanimate object could be construed as a first sign of insanity...

In the evening I went to the exact same part of Highgate as last night where almost the exact same people were. Almost the exact same things happened in exactly the same way. Except a few more people were there and one or two go ridiculously drunk and fell asleep on a sofa (Helen). She has this amazing camera and I took some photos with it. I really would love to own one for myself. Maybe go out and take some photos as I've always loved taking pictures. After visiting the Newseum in Washington (a museum on the history of journalism) I had a desire to start taking pictures and I think maybe I should act on it. I reckon it’s important to act upon a desire as you sense it otherwise it could fade and you'll regret not going for it. With that said, photography remains a hugely expensive hobby so we'll see!

Talya sold me her Reading ticket for face value and I'm so excited now! I wrote this really long Facebook message to the people I'm meant to be camping with about details. It's helped us a lot especially because so little planning has gone into it and we're going to set up camp in just 3 days!

Today I learnt how Spurs doing well actually makes my day! It's quite sad really, that my football team somewhat dictates the state of mind I'm in...Oh well. I also learnt that I really should act on my instincts and just go for something. So as soon as I get up tomorrow I'm going to enquire about an affordable camera! Lastly, I learnt that there is no harm in trying to take control of a situation if you feel that you can honestly aid the direction of an issue. Thus this whole thing about the tent is sorted now and moving along at a much faster pace. I cannot wait for Reading. It's going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment