Tuesday 11 August 2009

Glad That's Sorted, Then

This morning I had breakfast at the Golders Hill Park Café with a friend, which I had never even thought of doing before. Even though the sun was hiding behind the clouds and my friends' choice of apple juice attracted a legion of wasps, it was still one of the best starts of a day I'd had for ages. I could probably count the amount of times I've eaten breakfast out on my fingers so this morning was something a little different.

I got home and bizarrely made the decision to run an errand for my Mum. I usually only do that kind of thing if it doesn't include moving. So very rarely.
I walked into town and bought lunch from Tesco's. This is because I am cool. Hampstead is so pleasant on a summer’s day and I actually really enjoyed walking there and back. It cleared my head.
On the way there I listened to that reggae radio station I mentioned the yesterday. I'm really starting to like it.

My guitar lesson went well. It feels odd having music lessons at 17. For me, that’s always been something I associate with being 11 or 12. The difference now is that I actually want to play the guitar and my Mum isn't forcing me into playing like she did when I was younger but with the piano.

I can't go into detail about the more fulfilling part of my day. It's too incriminating and personal. What I will say is I got a whole weight off my shoulders and now know exactly where I stand with this issue. Anyway, that sounds like some hard-to-understand rubbish but I have learnt a lot from it and although it applies to me only - it’s invaluable.

Ah yes, my last activity of the day...discussing what I learnt. Easy. I learnt some of the 12 bar blues on guitar and another new card trick. I learnt how I'm actually starting to live in Golders Hill Park and that breakfast there with somebody who lives locally is a good idea. Oh, and I learnt I really like reggae.
Ultimately though I learnt that sometimes taking a big risk can be completely worth it no matter how badly a situation might turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment