Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tentzilla

Even though I didn't expect to pass my first driving test I'm still completely gutted. Thoughts of getting my own car and how much easier travelling around will be if I passed inevitably popped into my head, which made failing really disappointing.
I was unlucky though as the examiner was harsh (some might describe him as border-line evil) and at the very moment my test started it began to pour with rain. Brilliant. My low expectations didn't leave me as dissapointed as somebody who was already thinking about what he would hang from the mirror of his first car, so I'll manage.
Also I've decided I don't mind what my first car is. Whatever’s best value for money will do. So long as the car doesn't look like Simon's from the Inbetweener's I won't care.
I had to get on with the rest of my day and went to my cousin’s place to practise setting up the tent for Reading as we had no idea how we were going to do it. Turned out it's an enormous beast of a tent. Tentzilla if you will. There is only five of us so we will have plenty of room. I cannot wait for Reading. It's basically all I can think about!
After setting up the tent and packing it away I had to rush home in time for my guitar lesson. My dependence on the 113 bus emphasised my annoyance of failing my driving test. Either way I got home and had the lesson. I've now started to learn Apache, which was immortalised by The Fresh Prince of Bel Air:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7h-2UmHuxQ

I spent the remainder of the day packing for the festival and thinking of absolutely everything that I could bring. Amazingly my sister found a really old camera lying around in the house. It's a big semi-professional one that’s about 6 years old - maybe more. Its great luck seeing as I was seriously considering saving up £350 for a camera. I suppose using this old thing will tell me whether or not spending that amount of money is worth it. I plan on taking it to Reading with me.

These blog posts will begin to thin over the next week as after I return from Reading I'm off on a pre-season rugby tour to Loughborough for a few days. When I'm back, however, I hope that school will put me in a better frame of mind to start writing more acute posts will a more cohesive point to them (see first ever post).

Today I learnt how to set up a tent. I learnt that said tent is likely to get badly damaged and or totally destroyed by angry chavs and or by people jealous of its epic proportions. I learnt how to play Apache on guitar. I learnt that I really, really want to pass my next driving test, which I've already booked. I also learnt that telling people when I'm having it is a bad idea as its rubbish having to explain to a dozen friends that you've failed!

No comments:

Post a Comment