Friday 21 August 2009

Results

Got my results back yesterday. Glad the wait is over too. I had to go to my work experience straight after I opened the envelope and couldn't concentrate because I was buzzing so much. My cousin Ben did well and put the Deaner family in extremely good stead. It also helped heal his relationship with his parents who were still angry at him for allowing their house to be raped horribly.

That evening was spent at a results party, which left loads of people in high spirits with a huge weight off their shoulders. It was a real relief for everyone to get yesterday out of the way whether or not their results were what they hoped for.
I planned to leave the party at 11.15 as I was getting up early but there was a mix up with the cab I was getting home in and it took 45 minutes extra. I was a bit miffed as it was embarrassing enough going home by a cab (which I almost never do...anymore) without having to wait outside the house by myself for 25 minutes. The driver made up for it though. I love it when sometimes you just click with a stranger. We spoke about all types of stuff. School, results, the youth of today, football, his family. Weird how I can spend 2.30hrs at a party with lots of good friends but take just as much enjoyment out of a 35 minute cab drive home. I mentioned in an earlier post that the thing that really lets down London is the coldness that people give off. Maybe if Londoners were more unassuming then more people could enjoy conversations like the one I had. It rarely happens and I got lucky.
So today, after only getting about 5.30hrs sleep, I struggled to stay awake at the Law Firm I was working at. I enjoyed my day though as I helped go over a report and produce a summary of a particular case. I came home and had a Friday night dinner with my family. My Grandpa has an operation in the next few days so it was good to see him before it happens. He's in amazingly bold spirits which makes all of us forget about the whole thing. It was a lovely meal and so nice to hear him complement me on my results. I'll remember tonight's dinner more than most of the others we have had together I'm sure.

In that tone I thought better of going out and stayed home with my family. We did little more than sit in front of the TV but it was the only night I have done that this entire holiday and I forgot how surprisingly enjoyable it can be. My Dad and I watched, what is possibly the worst film ever made - Encino Man. It had the guy who played Samwise Gamgee and Brendan Fraser in it when they were only a few years older than me. It was still a pile of stinking turd though.

In the last two days I've learnt that keeping this blog daily is going to be a really hard task. So far I think I have missed four days but made up for it as I've gone along. I'll keep trying.
I learnt that I have to give the cabs my FULL postcode as the reason it was so late was because there were two roads of the same name in N20.
I learnt that hearing praise from somebody close to you can really make your day and that there are few better feelings around than that of accomplishment.
Lastly, I learnt that there is really no harm in hanging with your family. I don't know what others will think about this as you often hear stories about how difficult respective family lives are but all I know is that once in a while it’s worth just sitting around and chatting. Just like we used to.

OK so I just sorted out that awful post from a few days ago - my rant on happiness. I learnt that I shouldn't asume that people are going to share my ideas just because I bother putting them on the internet. So, if I am going to try and write something that I think might be helpful or worth paying attention to then I better buck up my ideas and not be a prick about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment