Wednesday 12 August 2009

It'll Be Tough

I've noticed that the ambiguity of some of the things I've written is over the top and I'll sort that out as a few people have mentioned how impossible it is to understand what I'm trying to convey. Speaking of which - today I saw this thing that made me think that everything is going to be ok with that other thing that only I know about.

Anywho...

As these holidays have gone by it's got more difficult to write here. It's not that I've broken all my fingers in an unfortunate car-door-slamming incident but that it's simply harder to find things to do. In the first week it was very easy to just choose a new skill to learn or attempt something that I had always wanted to try like guitar. Now, however, it’s a slightly different story.
Often what happens is that I get immensely frustrated when I'm idle in my bedroom or around the house. So I occupy myself with as many things that I consider to be 'productive' or 'worthwhile' as I can.

For instance today, as I had nothing planned in the morning, I went to the gym and had another steady workout. Unfortunately, even after weeks of working out, I’m still very pale, very Jewish and not hench.

I turned down the chance to play football in the park because after I could no longer get a lift there (as my friend with a car pulled out) I decided not to go. I shouldn't have been that lazy and regret not going.

In order to make up for this lapse in attitude I thought it would be a sound idea to try and write some songs. This is because once I and a few others came up with some amusing (but highly offensive) song lyrics and today I decided that some of these funny ideas should be put down on paper. So I went to a mate's house to get started. Unfortunately the session wasn't very productive but we did manage to recited a song about Joseph Fritzel. Yeah, I know, I’m going to Hell.

After dinner I had the urge to go to the pub to watch the England game against Holland. I ended up watching it with my Dad at home, which is how it usually is and how I prefer it. I don't know why I was so desparate to watch the match somewhere else. I've been watching football with my Dad for as long as I can remember and to change that would be odd. It ended up as a two all draw, with Defoe grabbing two, and England recovering from two nil down.



Next I went to a friends in St.Johns Wood. There were five of us and we ended up at Primrose Hill, which was just as satisfying as it was a few nights ago. It was another warm evening and reminicent of being in a European country at night. Unfortunately, due to excessive cloud cover, we didn't see the meteor shower that happened this evening.





Today I learnt that if I really want to keep this blog readable I'm going to have to try extremely hard to find something new to learn every day. It'll be tough.

Today I learnt that I should get into writing songs again because it felt extremely rusty today. I learnt that trying to involve myself in as many 'productive' activates as possible can lead to me becoming far too frustrated with myself. This frustration is damaging and unhelpful. Being annoyed with yourself is just one of the worst feelings ever. It doesn't get you anywhere. So to avoid such a problem I need to start taking the concept of this blog slightly less seriously. Finally, I learnt that I'll probably always enjoy watching Football with my Dad more than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment