Thursday 6 August 2009

Reunited

I woke up early again - eight o'clock and started reading a new book, 'The Secret Agent' by Joseph Conrad. I practised playing guitar for about an hour and figured out how to play Horse With No Name by America. This is a very easy tune to play and a complete hippie song. I gained a real sense of accomplishment from nailing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KKGdb4qUY

Obviously I didn't learn the drum and base parts as I'm not a walking hippie guitar band (although that would be nice)

Later I went to Golders Hill Park to meet up with a mate who I hadn't seen in more than two months. We had lots to catch up on and during a hot summers day it’s nice just walking around the area with a friend, chatting about everything, without a care in the world.



After that I had a driving lesson and I finally got the hang of Appex Corner. I dread Appex Corner more than I fear Nuclear Warfare or Angry Lepricorns. Yup...that much. It’s so frightening to have to move across two lanes, on a roundabout, whilst changing gear, without crashing. Please...don't be in my test!

The evening was unbelievably fun. I went to the pub with some friends I hadn't seen in ages as they had been taking camp and it was brilliant to see them. Perhaps we drank too much but we had a total laugh as usual. I missed having friends around like that - those who you can just see for a guaranteed good time no matter what.




We went to another mates house and fortunately she seemed happy to see us despite our drunkenness. You see, by now the drink had sunk in more than the ink of a very potent tattoo and I fear I won't recall much of tonight by tomorrow morning...






Today I learnt a song on guitar (and that your fingers really do bleed if you play too much) and discovered how valuable it is to have a group of friends you'll always laugh with - plus having shots is generally inadvisable. Evidence for this is that I'm finding it hard to type coherently or stay seated on this chair...

No comments:

Post a Comment