Saturday 15 August 2009

Punching and Cleaning

I got home today at 10.30pm and which, apart from being one of the earliest nights I’ve had in a few weeks, was one of the first times I’ve come home after an evening got boring. Usually I’d decide to grim and bare it but in this case I thought I might as well leave and write a half decent blog entry. I’m not certain why I normally just prefer to stay out. Sure, the fact I am extremely tired played a part but I think that I favour the idea of being out during the holidays. Seems a bit daft when you don’t have any idea about what you’re doing and you’ve just come out for the sake of it. What a waste of an evening.

After collapsing on my bed for a solid 11 hour sleep I was woken up at 10.45am by a friend asking if I wanted to go for a run and do some ‘boxercising’. Essentially, this meant us running to the park and using boxing gloves and pads, whilst tiring ourselves out accordingly. Ed tried to convince me that my upper body is going to hurt a lot from it. I was sceptical, but judging by how both my arms are shaking and I cannot lift them above head height, I think he might just have had a point. It was good fun and I’m going tomorrow as well.

By the way, this is a press up, not some sort of sexual demonstration.

Shattered once again (this time from exercise rather than sleep deprivation}), I fulfilled my promise of travelling to my cousins to once more assist him in his Covert Operation - cleaning the house. It was a real mess. People had even poured jam and chutney in the bath and drawn an offensively large penis on the bathroom mirror which took an hour to clean off. The kitchen looked as if it had been hit by some sort of bomb and the stairs were blacker (they’re white normally). By the time I left, the house looked presentable and I think everything will be alright.



It's spotless now!

I then went home with a mate who I hadn’t seen for over a month. It was good to catch up and chat. We arranged to meet some people in Golders Green. I had dinner but came back here after about an hour because I was extremely bored and decided it’ll be nicer to watch TV with my sister than stand around without anybody making a proper decision about where to go. We watched 8 out of 10 cats together.

I’m glad the Premier League season has started now. It’s become such a constant presence and interest throughout my life. I suppose it provides a distraction from other stresses and burdens that surround everyone, everyday. Wow, I’ve actually created profanity for football…Like that ridiculous Sky Sports advert with Jose Mourinho that’s unbelievably embarrassing.

It’s true though. It’s important that we think about why we value something other than just accepting that we like it. I reckon it’s easier to appreciate something that way. For me, football is one of the few things I enjoy no matter what. So it’s exciting when the new season kicks off and once more I get the chance to slag off, defend and praise my dear Spurs. Most of the time I defend them - someone has to.

Tomorrow I’m going to the first game with my Dad against Liverpool. I also am playing in a friendly with Athletic Bilbaum beforehand, which I’m really looking forward to. When that’s all out the way I think I’m collecting a friend who’s going to stay at mine for a few days, although I’m not certain if it’s definitely going to happen. Either way it’s another busy day.

Today I learnt how imperative it is to stick to your word. I promised my cousin that I’d help him with his border-line squat of a house and despite the journey I fulfilled my pledge to help him. I also learnt that this whole notion of ‘being out for the sake of it’ is complete rubbish. I honestly cannot believe I do that. I’d be much better off having an alcohol free evening and a good night’s sleep. I mean, it really does say a lot when watching TV trumps leaving the house and, in future, when another ‘nothing’ evening comes to light I’m going to give it a pass and stay at home. I also learnt that Detergent definitely DOESN’T go into the dishwasher as well as how to clean various other parts of a house. Tragically, Ben didn’t learn how to clean a tomato soup-stained bedsheet, which will be an interesting conversation with his parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment