Tuesday 18 August 2009

Goddamn Moron Toddlers

I feel somewhat inclined to write entries more along the lines of the first I posted a few weeks ago. I'm worried this has turned into a documentation of my summer holidays rather than something of real value. I'll try and find the balance.

I've had a friend staying over for the past few days so I haven't really had time to blog. I also thought that it would be pretty rude if I did. That said, I did leave her in the house by herself for 2 hours whilst I had a driving lesson... (in which I failed my mock test...badly)

I have a very unique friend in Zoe (who stayed). I suppose only she'd know what I mean. Its odd how you can not see somebody for ages but then just get on fine with them when you do. I don't think many people have that so I consider myself lucky.

Sunday, I 'boxercised' some more and afterwards went to Hackney Marshes to play a friendly for the Sunday league team I've joined. We lost 2-1. I scored our goal. Unfortunately, our stand-in keeper, Dan, got tackled really badly and broke/fractured his leg. Not the best start to a season...

Next came a frantic rush to reach the Spurs game. I got a lift from our match from Scott who was actually a life saver. I was so desperate to get to the game that I offered him a tenner! And I actually would have given it to him. Spurs won 2-1 and left me buzzing. Next I went to pick up Zoe and we went to the pub, chatted and came home. We were both extremely tired. Her journey in the late evening tired her out, as did my relentless exercising.

The next day we went to the Southbank and the Aquarium. It had been all done up for little kids and unsurprisingly it was filled with this new target audience.

"MUM LOOK IT’S A FISH"

...what did that kid expect to see in an aquarium anyway? And what’s with them hitting the glass? THE FISH DON'T LIKE YOU! Goddamn moron toddlers!

I'm not going to go through the next day. This isn't a diary (and I have to get up at 7am for work experience tomorrow)

I learnt that it’s completely invaluable to have a 'person'. By that I mean, somebody who you can trust no matter what. Someone who you can make yourself completely vulnerable to and not feel uncomfortable or awkward. I learnt I had more than one today.
Also I learnt that £16 for a few fish and some sharks is just SUCH a rip off. I mean COME ON! Finally, I learnt, over these past couple of days that there probably isn't a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than watching Spurs beat Liverpool with my Dad (awww ain't I cute).

No comments:

Post a Comment