Monday 24 August 2009

A Pretty Mundane Post

Practising playing on my guitar for as long as I did today can damage your fingers. Trust me. They certainly aren't the most attractive sight at the moment, that’s for sure. It's frustrating that I'm not improving as quickly as I would have hoped but I'm far older and more mature than I was when I played piano. That'll hopefully mean I will be more patient and relaxed about getting to grips with playing rather than getting hugely annoyed at myself. I was awful like that when I was younger. I used to slam my hands on the piano keys and shout at myself. I haven't changed really and still get peeved when I can't do something I want to do, except for that now I obviously don't have a semi-fit.

The leaver’s video for the guys in the year above at school was put onto Facebook today. I'm meant to be having a big roll in our one for this coming year and really, really have my work cut out. It was incredible. I hope I haven't taken on too much!

I discovered that I have two extra books to read for school other than Brideshead Revisited!

SHIT

I started reading one today after getting to Starbucks 30 minutes early to meet a friend. I thought our first meeting in ages would be awkward and unpleasant and originally I didn't really want to be there. Soon though it turned into a friendly chat and I'm glad it happened.

4pm - last driving lesson before my test. I have as little hope of passing as my Australian friend has of not having the piss ripped out of him due to the Ashes. In today’s lesson I stooled the car and almost ran somebody over. As far as I'm concerned that isn't the sign of a great driver...

Anyway, apologies for a pretty mundane post. I want to write a really good one on Wednesday night before I go off to Reading so I'll think of an interesting topic to write about.

Today I learnt that the idea of not being able to get on with somebody you used to have a thing with isn't necessarily true. It's hard and might be unpleasant but today I think I proved to myself that it can turn out alright. I learnt that I really should check my bloody homework diary before I go off and decide I've done all the reading I need to do. I'm going to have to read none stop now! Finally I learnt that I have to go over these 'show me tell me' questions for my driving test. I'll have to look at them in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment