Sunday 6 September 2009

Comfortable

Started the day off with a 6-1 thumping of this team Athletic Bilbaum played. I scored, which I was pleased about. Scott gave me a lift there and back. If I passed my test then maybe I could be giving people lifts!
In all honestly the game was quite boring as we were in total control of the match and weren't really tested that much. It also gets frustrating when older guys, who really aren't very good at football (some may even call them footballing retards), boss you around just because you're a few years their junior. I suppose that's what comes with playing in this team.
Football took my mind of other things and made me feel a little perkier. This got dragged down slightly when I turned my phone on and checked my Facebook, realising that my sudden leave from my friends last night raised a few eyebrows. I shouldn't have gone out in the mental state I was in. Oh well, it's all sorted now.
I went over some background on Stalin for history, which I'm sure you're riveted to hear about and I reread some of my politics notes. My teacher for politics doesn't want to teach us using a textbook becuase she's an aging hippie who thinks text books are the 'work of mother chaos' or something. This being a woman, who only wears sandals, hasn't cut her hair in 20 years, has lots of tattoos and 'doesn't like artificial light'. I reckon if I poured water on her she'd melt...
I looked up a few textbooks that I plan to buy tomorrow during lunch break. I think we should be allowed to learn how we want to and I would prefer being aided by a textbook. I'm in my last year of school ever and I refuse to let my favourite subject slip up because of my teacher's eccentricities.
Was meant to have a friend round today but she fell asleep about 10 minutes before I was expecting her and then didn't come round. What a lazy bish!I was pretty miffed but that at least allowed me to finish off some more work.
That's the school work that I've had the entire summer to finish but only really started to worry about in the last few hours.
I'm going back to school tomorrow and I feel genuinely exciting about it. As Sam put it - its the 'last first day ever'.
How freaky is that!?
Suddenly that structure and routine that I'm so adapted to will be blown out of the water. It's not as frightening as that description depicts it though. I can't wait to leave school. Not because I don't enjoy it - I love my school with a passion - but because I feel as if I'm ready to move into the 'real world' and try and make something of myself.
Today I learnt that keeping some specific things to myself can make people feel as if I don't want to talk to them and I that can upset them. I could have avoided that whole episode that stemmed from last night by realising I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind to go out. It created an unnecessary drama.
I learnt I don't like to keep things from people, especially when all they want to do is help me but equally I learnt that I should only tell people something personal if I feel completely comfortable with doing so.
I learnt about the Purges in Russia and about how Stalin came to power.
I learnt that, despite what I used to think, I really do have ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment