Saturday 12 September 2009

Fully Digest

Rugby didn't go well. We lost 27-15. It was lost in the forwards and by a few silly mistakes on our part. Very disappointing.
Fortunately I had Spurs to lighten me up. Defoe scores a great goal in the opening minute. Then we realise there is at least 89 minutes to go and that resulted in us eventually losing 3-1. Again - very disappointing. We cemented our loss with an epic MacDonald’s meal that will stay with me for ages. Not because it was memorable or anything - just that the meal was so large it'll take me a few days to fully digest.
I got home from the game and went straight to Angel where some people were hanging.
I got talking to this girl who I always had a distinct impression of and our 20 minute conversation altered my perspective of her. It's great when, through friendly chat, you begin to see somebody's true colours and discover that your first impression was inaccurate. Usually first impressions dictate your attitude to somebody for quite a long period of time. It's a dogmatic process that doesn't really help anyone but I think all of us do it.
Today I learnt that it's worth trying to get to know people even if you didn't like them at first. I learnt that people's eccentricities are often unrelated to how a person really is under the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment