Friday 11 September 2009

What A Great Deal

"I'm not a very good driver so sorry if I crash" said Brad as we pulled out my drive.

Definitely not the most encouraging thing to hear as you start a car journey...

However, Brad did manage to get us to Bower's on time (despite almost killing us on several occasions) and we set off to the open day at around 7.45am which took us two hours. I wasn't ready when Brad arrived to pick me up (early) as I assumed he would be late - so there was an inversion of our usual selves. He enjoyed rubbing that in.

The University was really impressive and I enjoyed it far more than Leeds - the only other University I've visited. It helps that the courses I want to take (either History or Politics) are far better established at Nottingham and also I had an awful day at Leeds which I'm sure dampened the experience.
The campus was huge, with lots of greenery and impressive facilities. And no, I haven't been paid to promote the campus - I genuinely thought it was great. It fitted the idyllic image of what I imagine a University to look like. Leeds altered that perspective for me and I wasn't a massive fan because of it.
The accommodation was, in some parts, similar to my room at Loughborough and in other buildings it was far better. I would only want to spend my first year in digs because I'd hope to get a few friends together and rent out a flat somewhere in the town. Who knows what'll happen.

After visiting the Uni Brad came back to mine as his family were coming over for dinner. We watched Derren Brown's reveal of how he predicted the lottery. If anyone hasn't seen that then here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHZ2mQczkcg
I don't believe his explanation. I think he just used a split screen. I'm a massive fan of his and his book is one of my favourites but I just can't bring myself to buy his explaination. I wonder what everyone else thinks. Maybe I'm just a sceptic!? I suppose it could be worse. I could be like the people who say, "OH MY GOD HE'S PSYCIC"
These people are actual morons.

An incredibly busy weekend is ahead of me. It's going to be extremely hard to fit in work so every spare moment will be important as I have shed loads to cover. Tomorrow I get up for rugby at 8am which is quite late for an away game. We are playing Latymer Upper - a team that we can beat. Fingers crossed. I made the 1st XV and I'm delighted. Still, I'm going to really have to perform because there are a handful of people pushing for my place.
After that I'm going straight to the Spurs Man United game and then going out in the evening. My prediction is 2-1 to Spurs or a nil nil draw like last year. I'm optimistic for a change. My dear, dear Tottenham have had their best start to a season in my lifetime. Plus Defoe and Redknapp just picked up Player and Manager of the Month Awards.
Sunday I have Athletic Bilbaum in the morning and I'm visiting my Grandpa in the afternoon so have the rest of that day to work. I'm very busy in the next few days! I want to take quite a few pictures because it spices up the blog slightly. Not that this blog needs spicing up of course.

Today I learnt to trust my friends a little more. About a month ago I mentioned how I felt as if I dished out my trust too freely but I think I need to adjust that. I simply assumed Brad would be late and should have had more faith in his reliability. Obviously this instance isn't a big deal as I only took an extra 3 minutes but the principle behind it bothered me.
I learnt about Nottingham University and that I wouldn't be disheartened if I went there instead of Oxford.
I learnt I hate that sauce that gets put on chicken which gives it a yellowish colour. I learnt about it the hard and only way, paying £4.00 in the process. What a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment