Thursday 3 September 2009

Wizards on the Pitch

My entire body is throbbing and I'm more immobile than a crippled snail. Loughborough took it out of me (I find it hard to look to the right) as well the entire squad so tonight I can't wait to just get into bed and get a good 10+ hours sleep.We did some fitness tests and I performed really quite poorly. Way below my expectations anyway, especially in the 40m sprint where I managed a poor 5.61s. I was running 5.9s on that distance when I was 12 and was genuinely peeved when I came to the realisation that my acceleration has gotten so poor. I'm a winger which makes that fact even harder to bare.
We trained hard and stayed the night at some of the university digs. Everyone had their own room which allowed us to get a good night's sleep. Today we travelled to a school called Princethorpe, which looked like Hogwarts. The other team were no wizards on the pitch (hilarious joke) but we still managed to just lose a very closely contested game. I worry that this season will no go well after all.
I went to a party on the heath in the evening which wasn't worth it and left around 11. I've been so tired today so I'm unsure as to why I decided to go.
This post is extra short as I'm completely shattered and want to go to bed more than anything.
In the last few days I learnt that I'm not as pacey as I once was and not as quick as I was so sure I was. So to fix that I'm going to start sprint training regularly. Writing that down here holds me to it and I'm confident that I will be able to get sub 5.40s by the end of the season.
I learnt that I need to be able to just say no to going out. It's getting ridiculous. I'm so afraid of missing out on something that I just go to everything even if I'm so physically tired that I walk like a penguin.
Also I learnt that staying in digs at uni wouldn't be such bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. so glad i didn't go to the heath. went to bed before 11. jealous much?

    ReplyDelete