Monday 14 September 2009

Important Things

Never been this busy in my entire life. Since I got home after rugby today, at six, I've just been working and reading and editing my personal statement. I also accepted responsibility of writing an article for The Gower (my school's magazine) about the trip to Argentina in the summer. And to top that I'm still trying to stick to the principle of this blog. So a worry that I may have put too much on my plate has crept in...However, once my Oxford application has been sent off the workload will be massively reduced and I'll be able to be a bit more laid back about things. It's all quite intense at the moment. On the plus side it's helped to finally take my mind of other less important things.
I kept a diary about the trip to Argentina so hopefully that will aid my article, which I'm excited about writing. I think it's a really good idea to keep some sort of journal when you travel. I'm so lucky to have been able to go to some amazing places and I feel as I if I sell the place short if I don't remember it. Hence why I write down my experiences there. I have one for tour, one for Argentina and one for America so far - plus a handful of others from years ago.
School was spent talking to teachers about my application to Oxford but fortunately today I avoided a bollocking. I'm deciding on the college I want to apply to and finishing off my personal statement. So fortunately all this palaver will be out of the way by the end of the week!
Apologies for all this moaning. I know how lucky I am to have the 'problems' that I have!
Anyway these posts filled with waffle are really getting on my nerves so I am going to try harder than ever to come up with an interesting topic to discuss here over the coming days.
Today I learnt that you should never be afraid to ask for advice. I usually hate asking my teachers for personal advice. It shouldn't be that surprising that after 6 years they actually care.
I also learnt that I should regulate the amount of work I take on just in case it begins to drown me a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment