Monday 21 September 2009

Deputy-Head Boy

This has been the best Monday ever.
It was Ben's 18th birthday so a load of people all turned out for drinks at the pub after a few of us went out for sushi beforehand.
A mother and her daughter moved table for us so we could all sit together. They heard us mention it was Ben's birthday and gladly shifted tables. I forget that not all Londoner's conform to the stereotype of being cold.
I had far too much to drink for a school night but with that said, I'm nothing on Ben, who was laughing at anything that moved and had commissioned Rob to 'make sure he got home'. Not great from a deputy-head boy!
Rugby dragged along especially as I got there early to make sure my calf muscle was in working order. I could run just fine so it's all better. Phew.
I'm certainly not fit enough to write a thoughtful post tonight and it's also getting pretty late.
Today I learnt that having a close group of friends is one of the most invaluable things around. I will do everything I possibly can to make sure we never lose contact. Ever.
I learnt how to do another card trick and really impressed Matt with it at school.
I learnt how unexpected things happening with good friends or out-of-the-blue phone calls can are insignificant when you realise what really, really means something to you.

Just to clarify - I learn lots everyday at school. Analysing my day means that I can forcefully take things out of it and that gives me direction. The thinking behind this blog has totally altered my attitude to just about everything, albeit in a subtle way, and this new mind set makes me feel good! I take back the panic I spread in yesterday's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment