Wednesday 30 September 2009

Michael Mcintyre

Tuesday 29th September

Another standard school day. Culminated with a guitar lesson where I learnt how to play Eleanor Rigby. I love that line in the song; 'wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door'. It's one of my favourite lyrics ever.
I got a little ill and so went to bed really quite early and didn't write.

Wednesday 30th September

I always say that you are almost guranteed to have a good evening if you spend a lot of it laughing. The situation is irrelevant because usually the more you laugh the better time you have. That's why going to Michael Mcintyre was so brilliant this evening. It was an early birthday present from my parents and I took five friends with me.

Aside from being in a constant state of amusement for two hours, it was impossible not to notice just how incredible Michael Mcintyre is at his job. Occasionally I would sit there in awe as to how he managed to effortless get 35,000 people giving their undivided attention. I'd love his job and learnt the answer to the question 'what would your dream job be?'.

My rugby coach was disgusted when I told him I'd be missing training because of a chest infection. So I played. I hated the idea that he thought I was being a pussy.
It annoys me when people aren't big enough to stick to their decisions and that makes me a hypocrite. Throughout the session I was engulfed in fits of coughing and never should have been playing. I learnt that I have to stick my neck out and care less about what some insignificant games teacher thinks. That applies to a lot of other things too. If you care too much about the impression you give off then you end up being trampled upon by those around you as you're so willing to adapt to what they want. I learnt that I have to start putting my own interests first.

No comments:

Post a Comment