Monday 23 November 2009

Isaac Newton to WWII

19th November

Passed my driving test today. Best feeling I've had since the rugby team won a few weeks ago and it seems to have cured me of the snuffles. There are very few cures for man-flu but an ego boost seems to be one of them. Or chicken soup - that works too.
This, being my third test, was kept almost completely secret. I told a friend to inform our English teacher that I had a doctors appointment...the next day this teacher congratulated me, then bollocked me when she realised I had lied...then congratulated me again...
I realised that I'm genuinely going to miss my driving lessons as I get on rather well with my instructor. I suppose it's quite easy to get to know somebody if you spend 40 odd hours with them in a car. No wonder everyone seems to remember who taught them to drive.
I have started 'borrowing' these brilliant magazines from school that are just on general and random aspects of history ranging from Isaac Newton to WWII. They keep appearing in the geography department and I keep putting them in my bag and taking them home...for safe keeping, or something. So I have learnt a huge amount today after reading a massive article on Richard III. Really interesting stuff...for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment