Tuesday 10 November 2009

"where you at?"

7th November

Occasionally, for no real reason, you'll have a really great evening. It'll be out of the blue and unexpected. I think that applies to a lot of things - you find them when you're not looking for them. That's not always a good thing though, like the time I found out what happens when you drink 3 pints on an empty stomach...or when I was looking for my jacket at a party and found two people getting off on top of it..."erm, excuse me, can I just...get in between...you see that's my jacket and I'm leaving and erm...". Hmmmm.

I went to my friend's house with another mate. Just a standard night in. We then decided to go to a pub - Red Lion % Sun - to get a bit merry on the eve of our forthcoming rugby game. On our way there we bumped into another of our mates on his way home, convinced him to come with us and thus increased our small pub procession by one.
Once at the pub two of us got phone calls - "where you at?" - and two more people came to the pub with us. One of them wasn't allowed to be served sadly - even though in just 25 minutes he was turning 18. I don't know whether he consciously came to meet us so he would turn 18 in our company OR just fancied a drink. Either way we all sang a beautiful rendition of Happy Birthday to him, which the pub owners didn't seem to enjoy as much as we did.
I learnt that often not forcing a good time can lead to you having one and that there are far nicer pubs to go to that the regulars.

Also I have really got into watching the TV series 'Life', which is absolutely brilliant. I have learnt a hell of a lot from it - too much to recount. Plus I suppose I'll forget much of it soon. If anyone reads this and hasn't seen the programme then I recommend watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment