Thursday 19 November 2009

Elephants

14th November

Not been looking forward to writing this post. Basically we had a rugby match today and I had the worst game I've ever had - costing my team two tries. It's a miracle that I haven't been dropped. It didn't help any of us that the coach got delayed an hour after it hit another car and that the school we were playing is based in Oxfordshire...No excuse for an awful performance.
What I learnt is that going out the night before a game and drinking is a terrible idea and won't help me prepare in anyway. I also learnt that when I'm down in the dumps there are more people than I thought who will try to help me out.

15th November

Rallied by our mascot Baum Baum the elephant, (somebody actually wore an elephant costume on the sideline) Athletic Bilbaum won 5-2. Baum Baum in all his glory.


I played centre back which I found myself enjoying. I wanted to make up to myself how bad i felt about letting everybody down the day before and so played as well as I possibly could have. I learnt that I have to start taking the team a bit more seriously because a lot of the players really care about it (and are prepared to dress as elephants to prove it).
There was a party that evening. Sunday was an odd day to have it but it was good fun. I never should have gone though as I was clearly coming down with something. Why that piece of information is relevant I just don't know...that probably means it isn't. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment