Sunday 22 November 2009

Darwin

17th and 18th November

Rarely do I take days off school through illness. Not because I'm some hard-ass from 'the hood' but because I just don't tend to ever get very ill out of luck. However, the tiredness I've been feeling has turned out to be one of those nasty flu-like viruses and I feel like a pile of turd - a serious case of man-flu, if you will. So I stayed home for the last two days - mostly lying in bed and sitting slumped in front of a computer screen drinking obscene amounts of water.
I still had a guitar lesson on the Tuesday evening and learnt a new song, although it's name evades me...
On the 18th I planned on doing some reading on Anarchism again but somehow ended up watching a YouTube documentary and learning a little about Charles Darwin and the HMS Beagle's voyage. It's quite incredible that something as important to modern thinking as evolution could only have been introduced (in the Orgin of Species) as recently as 150 years ago.He may look old but Darwin was apparently younger than this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment