Friday 6 November 2009

Turned Into a Man

1st November

My cousin and I are 2 weeks apart. Our family's took us both out to dinner at a really nice restaurant called the York & Alby which is owned by Gordon Ramsey.
Our parents seemed slightly moved by the realisation that both of us have now turned 18. I think little of it. If it wasn't for society then '18' would be just another year gone by. Either way, I learnt a lot about how much it means to my parents that I've 'turned into a man' (or can now make such an outrageous claim).

2nd November

The first day back at school after a holiday, even a short one, is tricky. Its a little harder to focus and all seems like such a hassle. By the end of the day you're used to it again and, aside from a few memories of the previous half term, you feel as if you never left. School can feel so constraining on the back of a break and I wanted to actively learn something. So when I got home I decided to find a new song to learn because I hadn't done that in a long time. So today I learnt how to by Good Riddance by Green Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment