Monday 16 November 2009

Emphasis

12th November

Today I heard that my geography teacher (school is fun, man) told another class that the massive piece of work I did on the Nile was "mind blowing stuff". I am assured this wasn't sarcasm...emphasis on the 'assured'...Amazingly the subject I enjoy the least seems to be the one that I get most acclaim in! When he gave it back to me he said that "it's not an essay...more like a book". I think that's a complement. Emphasis on the 'think'. Emphasis on the 'emphasis". I learnt that a bit of praise, especially when you don't expect it, is worth the effort.

I suppose when you work hard for something (like recognition from a teacher) you tend to get it in the end. I'd like to think that applies to most things for everyone because I reckon if you put effort into something then you often deserve for that effort to be recognised...most the time anyway.

I also learnt a bit about William Godwin in anticipation for our politics class covering Anarchism in the coming weeks. Godwin was bald after his hair fell out. He blamed it on the state.



Emphasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment