Sunday 1 November 2009

Paintball

29th October

One of the best things about going paintballing is when it's over and you can recount your acts of heroism to your team mates for months down the line. The adrenaline rush you get when running towards the opposition, sliding behind a barricade or just shouting to your team is immense. You don't even notice that you can barely breath until the stewards have called "game over!" after one team has won or the allotted time is over.
I helped my friend organise his younger brother's party which included 'leading' his little brother's friends during the games. It was a great way to spend a day and I want to go paintballing more often. The bruises are worth it.
I learnt another way whereby I can just 'lose myself' and go a bit crazy. I get a chance to turn from posh-jewish-north-londoner into an SAS support gunner.
I also learnt about how, to year 9s, my 6th form 'status' seems to command a surprising amount of respect as the kids seemed to obey and listen to my every whim. I suppose it's true that with age comes authority.
Oh, and I recommend going paintballing. It's fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment