Wednesday 11 November 2009

Three Massive Jugs of Beer

8th November

On paper, going to the pub the night before a rugby game is a very bad idea. Luckily it didn't prove costly and the 1st and 2nd XV won their respective games the following afternoon - both 8-7. In the 1st's we fought really, really hard for our win and gave it everything we had. The night before our captain made a comment - "I'm just going to lose my head tomorrow and go for it". Strange it may seem, but that suddenly just made sense and I also just went all out and played my best game in ages - as did most in the team. We deserved the win and were all delighted afterwards. The Old Boys team invited us to the bar afterwards and bought us three massive jugs of beer. By 5pm I was gone. Completely. I learnt that even when you can't see you're hard work getting you anywhere it isn't worth stopping. We fought to the whistle and learnt, as a team, that we can really play when we just go for it - as simple as that sounds.

I returned home for a short nap (turned out to be 1.30hr) before I left the house to go see a movie. The intention was that we'd go see Jennifer's Body. But due to incompetence on our part and the fact the steward read out tickets wrong meant we went to the wrong screen and instead saw Men Who Stare at Goats. It was a totally off the wall kind of movie and I rec commend it if you enjoy that type of thing. I usually don't but it was just quite funny. I was disappointed we didn't get to see Jeniffer's Body though. This photo should illustrate why:
I learnt that I need to give those wacky movies a chance because I rather enjoyed that one. Also learnt that if you're somehow spending £6.89 on sweets, to be shared between two people, then it is far too much. I learnt about the fall of the Berlin Wall as tomorrow is the 20th anniversary - various newspaper articles and Youtube documentaries as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment