Tuesday 24 November 2009

End on a Low

21st November

Rugby is an odd game...at school level anyway. Today we lost to a team, who were beaten by a team, who were themselves beaten by a team that WE beat. We got beaten heavily too. It was a disaster and the coach ride back was far quieter than usual. There were no positives to take out of the game.
Today I learnt that I'm part of a team who have lost all confidence in themselves and will have to do more work than ever before if we're going to end this season on a high.
It's so depressing to come to that realisation. It's my last year playing with the people I've been in a team with for over a decade. I'd hate to see it end on a low - with us still going on about how good we were in the earlier days. It's all about how we respond now.
I thought that my day would improve with a couple of parties in the evening. Alas, it turned into a nightmare as I drunk far too much - the most since Dublin (which was far...far too much). So I've decided I'm going to cut down heavily on the drink. Heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment