Sunday 29 November 2009

In Awe of Their Sneakiness

25th November

It's very hard to concentrate on driving when there are four hilariously loud people in the car with you.
"turn up the radio"
"what does that button do?" [presses button...hazard lights go on]
"what will happened if I pull up the handbrake now?"
"why are you only doing 30?"

Suppose I learnt that I might not be ready for transporting my drunken friends just yet, despite having passed my test.
I drove to pick everybody up from a friends house with the intention of parking two minutes away from the pub nearby. However, upon my jittery and poorly-parked arrival they informed me that our friend's 18th drinks was being moved to another pub about five minutes from my house. Great. I think, despite what they claimed, they knew all along and chose not to tell me as they realised I wouldn't be driving and thus giving them a lift if I was aware of this new development. I was in awe of their sneakiness.

A nice evening (as it turned out in the end) got better when I came home to an invitation letter from Oxford inviting me for an interview. I have to stay there for at least four days and I felt a real sense of achievement. I learnt that all that seemingly pointless and tedious work I've put in regarding exams in the last two years has paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment