Saturday 21 November 2009

Fear

16th November

I am completely shattered all the time. My superb and impressive use of logic tells me that it's probably because I'm not getting enough sleep, which is I suppose, what I learnt. Not very interesting but I realise that I can't really function without 6 hours sleep despite what I used to think (ie that I didn't need any...which isn't true...cos I cleary do).
Went to a talk today about the 'culture of fear' in Britain. I gathered the speaker was a bit of a lefty as she blamed the increase in private property for the growth of general surveillance and thus the increase in social tensions on the 'fear' culture throughout Britain. I thought it was a really interesting argument but concluded that her proposal of removing all the CCTV etc would, at least in the short term, create more fear than it will dispose of. I learnt loads about the private market and about crime prevention in the UK. Not very exciting but still worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment