Tuesday 24 November 2009

9-1

22nd November

Today was in direct contrast to yesterday and my drunken escapades. Athletic Bilbaum won 4 nil and Spurs...incredibly beat Wigan 9-1! Today one of our mates who used to play semi-professional football started in centre midfield. I learnt just how far apart he actually is from some of the players I normally play with and just how much further I have to go if I want to be a part of our 1st XI this year. Our opponents simply couldn't get near him, Very, impressive.
The latter was truly one of the most surreal experiences of my life. I still can't quite believe that I saw 10 goals in one game. THE SCORE WAS ONLY ONE NIL AT HALF TIME. So in the second half alone there was NINE goals. Simply amazing.

Home Team Score Away Team

Tottenham 9-1 Wigan R

(HT 1-0)

* Crouch 9 * Scharner 57
* Defoe 51
* Defoe 54
* Defoe 58
* Lennon 64
* Defoe 69
* Defoe 87
* Kirkland (og) 88
* Kranjcar 90+4

I learnt that it doesn't matter how much I know about football or how long I watch it for - you just never know when you'll see a game you'll remember forever. It's still a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment